Yum! Okay I know what you are thinking. You thought this was a style blog right? Well let me tell you the great thing about blogs: they are yours which means you can do pretty much whatever you want with them. I want to grow my blog in other categories aside from fashion. Sure, it is a great place to come for style inspiration, but why not be a place for recipes, motherly advice, beauty tips, and lifestyle activities as well?
I got the idea for this delicious ceviche from Instagram (duh, where else does one get their food inspiration? hello #foodporn). This recipe screams summer. It is the perfect dish for potlucks.
Mango Shrimp Ceviche:
Prep 10 minutes | Cook 0 minutes
- 2 Mangos (I use Ataulfo)
- 1 lb Cooked Shrimp (Fresh or Thawed from Frozen)
- 1 Jalapeño
- 2 Vine-Ripened Tomatoes
- 1 Small Red Onion, or Half of a Large
- 1 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
- Pinch of Salt to Taste
- Hull out the seeds from the Jalapeño Pepper.
- Dice the Mangos, Jalapeño, Tomatoes and Red Onion.
- Loosely chop the Shrimp and Cilantro.
- Toss ingredients together in a large mixing bowl with the Lime Juice and Salt to taste.
Serve with tortilla chips or as a seafood salad!
Let me know what you think