Words cannot express how much I love this dish. I have been searching for the perfect stuffed pepper recipe for quite some time, and after having made quite a few tweaks I am deeming this recipe the king. I use this recipe for quick dinners, lunches, and meal preps (that’s right, you can make it ahead of time)!
I am a not-so-secret fan of quinoa, constantly shoving it in recipes wherever I can. Blended with sultry spanish spices, and flavourful cheese, nothing makes quinoa taste better than these stuffed peppers!
Spanish Stuffed Peppers:
Prep 20 minutes | Cook 35 minutes | Yield 4 peppers
- 4 bell peppers (tops and seeds removed)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 345 degrees.
- Place bell peppers in a square baking dish (glass or metal) open side up.
- In a bowl combine: quinoa, corn, black beans, tomato, green onion, cilantro, and both cheeses.
- In a separate small bowl combine: garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Pour spice mixture into large mixing bowl and mix all ingredients.
- Generously spoon mixture into peppers.
- Bake peppers in oven for 35 minutes.